MyCORES - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I log in to MyCORES?

In order to access MyCORES, a user must request a MyCORES account and have an active MyAccess ID number. Please visit for instructions on requesting a MyCORES account. If you already have a MyCORES account, you can log in via MyAccess.

What is my MyAccess ID?

In order to access MyCORES, a user must have an active MyAccess ID number. Please visit to activate/ your MyAccess ID. If you already have a MyAccess ID but do not remember it, you can go to to e-mail it to yourself.

What is my Employee ID?

If you do not know your Employee/Student ID number. Please visit for instructions on where to locate it.

Client Questions

How do I reserve a core device?

Under "Quick Links", click Reserve Core Device. Available core devices will be displayed. You are required to select a specific core and you then have the option to select up to six (6) resources/devices. If a resource to which you should have access is not displayed, contact the Core Manager or Core Associate.

Why can't I reserve a specific device?

Restrictions for reserving devices are determined by the core facility. Restrictions include prior training and/or certification on the device, authorization to use the device, etc. If you have not yet been authorized to use the device, you will not see the resource as an available option. Please contact the Core Manager or Core Associate of that core for details as to your specific situation.  

How do I reserve a people resource (an assistant) with a device resource?

Under "Quick Links", click Reserve Core Device. Available core devices will be displayed. If the resource selected is offers or requires assistance, select the radio button by the Assistance for "YES". (The Assistance radio button is defaulted to "NO". Once the button is clicked, one or more assistant options will appear.) Select the radio button for the Assistant requested and then select "Refresh Calendar" button.

Am I billed for time I have reserved on a device that I do not use?

If you use a device or a resource for a different amount of time than what you reserved it for, it is necessary for you to contact the Core Manager to let them know. It is up to the individual core to enforce any policies they have regarding billing for unused reservation time. If you fail to contact the Core Manager or Core Associate to request changes to your reservation, you will be billed at the end of the month for the time as originally reserved.

How long do I have to make changes to a reservation?

This depends on each core and/or resource and each will have different policies regarding making changes to the reservations. If you need to make a change to your reservation, and are unable to do so in MyCORES. Contact the Core Manager or Core Associate. They can make changes to a reservation until 11:59 PM on the date of the reservation. At this time, the reservation becomes an "Unconfirmed Order". Changes can be made to the unconfirmed order by the Core Manager until the order is confirmed and submitted to billing.

How do I search for services in a core?

Under "Quick Links", click Search for Services. Then, type in a search term and click Search. You can confine your search to one core or all cores in MyCORES.

How do I place a service order in MyCORES?

Under "Quick Links", select Order Entry. You will be asked to select a valid speed type prior to requesting core services. Once you select a speed type, use the Add Item button to add as many line items to the order as desired. Then, select the specific line items from the dropdown lists, enter comments, and add attachments (if available), then click Submit.

How do I add a speed type to MYCORES?

Speed types are automatically uploaded to MyCORES every evening and are usually available the day after they are created/activated. Speed types may not upload to MyCORES for reasons such as there is no PI assigned to the Project ID, it is inactive or expired, or the speed type name contains a special character such as - or _. Most of these situations must be corrected by the department which created the speed type. However, if a speed type has not loaded into MyCORES and you are unsure of why, please e-mail with the speed type and name of the PI.

How do I add a PO# or Reference# to MYCORES?

Fill out the MyCORES External PO Information Form. If this form is not sufficient or you have questions, please e-mail with details.

How do core facilities bill the appropriate speed type?

Orders for products and services cannot be entered in MyCORES without a valid speed type. If you have authorization for more than one speed type, and you have questions about which to choose when requesting services, contact your PI or department fiscal representative. All confirmed orders are billed monthly to the speed type associated with the order/reservation.

How do I restrict speed type use to specific resource users?

The PI or Lab Manager has the ability to assign speed types to specific Resource Users. To edit the list of speed types that a Resource User has access to, log in to MyCORES and navigate to Maintenance Menu >> Resource User. Then, click on the user's name to edit their access to the PI's speed types. When a new Resource User is added to the system, they will be given access to all of a PI's speed types and the PI and/or Lab Manager will be notified.

What if PI doesn’t want to receive monthly invoices?

At the beginning of every month, the Principal Investigator will receive an invoice summary via e-mail listing the amount that has been charged against their speed types. If the PI does not wish to receive the email notification, they or their Lab Manager can enter alternative or additional e-mail addresses to receive this summary on the Maintenance Menu >> User page.

How do I correct the speed type associated with an order/reservation?

You can only correct speed types for orders prior to invoicing. PIs, Lab Managers, and Department Administrators can change the speed type associated with an order/reservation using the Speed Type Correction/Distribution page.

Can I track/see the details of the charges made against my speed type?

Yes! MyCORES was designed to make accessing this information easy. You can use a number of report functions in the Reports Menu to obtain detailed information about core products and services purchased on your designated speed types. Examples include:
Pre-Invoice Report will display charges that have been entered in the system which have not yet been invoiced.
Usage Report will provide summary or detail information on all orders, reservations, and invoices.
Invoice Report will provide summary information on invoices by month.
Query allows a customized search for current charges or historical orders, reservations, and invoices.

How do I get an incorrect charge removed from my speed type?

This is easy to do before charges have been uploaded to PeopleSoft. Principal Investigators, Lab Managers, and Department Administrators can use the Speed Type Correction/Distribution function to make the necessary changes. If the charge has already been invoiced, the Core Manager will need to process a refund and then re-key the correct information as a new order. To request this, please dispute the invoice in MyCORES.

Core Questions

What is the difference between an open order and an unconfirmed order?

An open order is entered through Order Entry and viewed through Open Order. Open orders allow core managers flexibility by providing the ability to enter a partial order, edit an order, and/or save an order (for a later date) before submitting for invoicing. An unconfirmed order is an order that has been automatically generated from a reservation or recurring order process. Unconfirmed orders are not able to be left open from month to month.

How do I view and confirm open orders?

Under "Quick Links", click View Open Orders. All open orders will be displayed. Open orders can be confirmed in bulk or by opening them one-by-one and clicking submit.

How do I add an item to an open order?

Select the order number of a current open order in your core and click the Add Item button. A new line item will appear under the previous one. Select the category, description, and quantity. You can either save as an Open Order or submit the order for billing.  

How do I edit an the service date of an open order?

Select the order number of a current open order in your core. At the top right side of the screen, in the grey bar, there is a box that says Service Provided. By clicking in the Calendar box, you can change the date associated with the open order, then click Submit Order to submit to billing.

What is the difference between PI Open Orders and Open Orders?

An Open Order is an open order that was placed by Core Manager or Core Associate on behalf of a client, while a PI open order is an open order that was placed directly the PI, Lab Manager, or Resource User. This differentiation allows core facility personnel to distinguish between orders they have entered and orders placed by users. 

How do I approve a resource user on a resource?

Some resources require that users be approved before they are able to see and reserve time on the resource calendar. If a calendar is designated to only allow approved users to access it, users who are not approved will not be able to see or create reservations on the calendar. After a user has been trained on a resource, core staff should log into MyCORES and navigate to Maintenance Menu and click on Resource User Approval. From this page, they can add and remove a user's access to one or more of the core's calendars.

Is there training available for MyCORES?

New cores receive training during their implementation process and additional small group sessions can be arranged on an as-needed basis. If you would like to know more about a specific feature/function, your core has gone through staff changes, or it has been some time since your implementation, please e-mail with a request for a small group training session. Please indicate in your request the topics that you would like to review and the number of people to be included.


Additional questions? Please contact: